Director, Technology Infrastructure and Operations
Under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of IT Infrastructure & Operations is a key role responsible for oversight of the IT operations, security and infrastructure functions for Leonardo. This role ensures that our systems are completely functional, secure and performing well.
Candidates will leverage their experience and savvy to lead our infrastructure teams in accelerating the creation of our new platform on AWS while sustaining a high level of performance across our existing systems and environments. You’ll focus on quality and process, and advancing our automation and devops engineering capabilities, to deliver the highly scalable, reliable, secure and performant platform that will delight our customers. We are looking for someone with a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of growing leaders and developing new engineering capabilities within teams. You’ll need to be innovative and adaptable and be able to lean into the details while keeping the big picture in sight. Whatever the challenge, you’ll always be looking for ways we can do things better.
Additionally, you will have full responsibility for the IT budget and the cost management process to maximize value to internal and external customers, meet annual corporate cost targets and provide long-term predictability for strategic business planning.
What you’ll do
- Provide vision and direction to the Infrastructure, Operations, and IT teams to deliver best in class service and support
- Develop, champion and refine all Service Transition and Service Operations processes (including Incident and Problem Management, Change Management etc.), driving best in class availability
- Design and implement short-and long-term plans to ensure infrastructure performance and capacity meets existing and future needs
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated plans for IT department
- Represent IT during cross functional policy reviews
- Champion and promote service improvements on an ongoing basis to continually improve quality and customer satisfaction
- Ensure reporting and accountability for data center change management and problem resolution
- Review incident trend analysis and manage improvement across departments
- Establish and nurture relationships with vendors in order to identify, source, contract and manage 3rd party products and services
- Plan for, authorize and track department expenditures
- Hold regular service reviews with internal customers, and constantly monitor capacity, and availability needs and trends
- Respond to critical and highly important operational issues 24/7 as needed
- Establish and leverage a network of industry and regional sources of software, services and most importantly infrastructure and operations talent
- Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming and Networking or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in a technical operations environment, with 5+ years of staff management
- Experience managing customer quality and a Service Operations Center (NOC)
- Exceptional communicator, both written and oral. Must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with many internal teams including key non-technical business stakeholders.
- Experience with delivery in an eCommerce or SaaS environment is critical
- Strong understanding of Change Management, Incident Response, and Production Control
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated management, leadership, decision-making, and team-building skills
- Experience designing and/or managing application monitoring systems
- Experience creating and operating in a process oriented environment with the ability to drive change in a continuous improvement organization
- Experience partnering directly with Engineering & DevOps across public/private cloud hosting environments
- Technical hands-on experience with Virtualization, Cloud Architectures, Systems, Storage, Databases, and Networks
- Understands web-based software architecture/engineering as it relates to the infrastructure and network operations
- Proven skills in managing complex workloads, prioritizing work, and executing long-term projects in the face of short-term fires.
- Experience with data center and cloud technologies, redundant systems, including MySQL, Tungsten, SAN/NAS, Splunk, IPSec, AWS, VMWare
If you have the drive and determination to succeed, Leonardo is the place where you can feel free to challenge yourself, to explore new ideas, and create:
- Culture: Highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment, being able to wear jeans and work in a fun and relaxed environment where we have company sponsored socials and regular team socials.
- Growth: Make an immediate impact on organization in this high visibility role
- Opportunity: Ability to drive change within organization
- Stability: Strong executive leadership team
Leonardo is a technology company with the belief that the future of digital marketing is visual storytelling. Guided by this motto, Leonardo sets out to provide comprehensive solutions to e-marketers at hotels, hotel chains and travel websites that help them leverage modern day media to tell compelling visually-driven stories that reach, engage convert and satisfy today’s travel shoppers.